Friday 25 November 2011

My Christmas present to myself

It is exactly one month until Christmas and my present to myself is to be in the 160's for Christmas. This is do-able. I'm sitting at 176lbs right now so I just need to lose a minimum of 7lbs in a month.

I spent a good chunk of the fall in denial. I'd miss going to the Y and think "next time" over and over again. My son would ask if he could go across the street and pick up a treat and I'd say "sure". Then he'd come home with a bag of chips or a carton of ice cream for us to share. This was happening several times a week.

One day my belt at work was a bit snug. I chalked it up to PMS and moved the belt to the second hole instead of the third. And there it sat... for a month. At the end of October I had a "what the hell am I doing?" moment and weighed myself, then realized I was up to 182lbs.

Over the past three weeks I've gone to the Y every time my son's had swimming lessons (minus our community group night) and have exercised with the My Fitness Coach almost every morning. I refuse to get up early enough to exercise on mornings when I have to be AT work for 6am (that's maybe twice a month) and I missed last Saturday. I've lost 6lbs and, even better, my work uniform is now loose and I'm *this* close to having my belt on the fourth hole! My energy levels are a lot better and I'm simply just feeling better about myself.

I can't wait to see how much better I feel by Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment