Sunday 30 October 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

I've been really slacking off, diet-wise, for the past couple of months and I decided yesterday that things had to change. Today was my fresh start, and it was a good one.

I woke up this morning and exercised with the Wii My Fitness Coach then, after breakfast, I went across the street for a quick walk before church. It was a bit chilly but the sun was lovely... especially on the frost. And it was quiet enough that, at first, I couldn't figure out what the noise was. It was leaves falling from the trees.

By the time I got home then back out to the bus stop, the frost had almost completely melted. I'm glad I went for my walk when I did.

We had pot-luck at church. I filled my plate mostly with salad (my bean, tomato, & pepper one and a lovely green salad with homemade croutons). And one butter tart for dessert.

I had a bag full of apples from my Mom and sisters' trip to the apple orchard Thanksgiving weekend. Today I peeled and chopped all of them and made applesauce with vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. We had it for dessert tonight.

I also found a recipe in an ad in the November Chatelaine magazine. It's one from the Dairy Farmers of Canada but when I tried to find it online, they didn't have the same recipe there. The one in the magazine is called "Spicy Red Lentil and Havarti Soup". I made it for dinner tonight and it was so yummy! It's on page 121 if anyone has the magazine handy and wants to try it. Definitely a keeper recipe. Even my son, who's incredibly picky, ate a whole bowl!

I think what made today great is I kept on top of everything. By the time dinner was on the table, I'd washed everything... including the blender and the soup pot. By 8pm, all the dishes were washed, the lunches packed, breakfast stuff prepped, clothes laid out for work tomorrow, and I was in my pjs. All I need to do now is shut off the computer and crawl into bed. It feels nice knowing everything is prepared for tomorrow.

And since I have to be up at 5:15am tomorrow so I can exercise before work, I think crawling into bed sounds like a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment