Monday 3 October 2011

Random Thoughts

I was sitting in the living room this weekend when I noticed a flurry of movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked over to see this little guy sitting on our balcony railing, watching me type my last blog entry. Luckily my camera was right in front of me so I was able to snap a couple of shots. We have three cats and, surprisingly, this isn't the first bird to land on our balcony. They even hop off the railing and wander around on the ground. This was one of the cutest ones... usually we just get pigeons (the seagulls only do fly-bys). Thankfully the cats haven't caught one (yet).

I was at Wal-Mart with my son and found this package of "boil in a bag" curry. How do you resist something called "tempting lentils"? Not only is it tempting but it's exotic too (and has a heart). I usually think of lentils as something to add bulk to soup. Ironically that's exactly what I did with these. The soup was yummy!

Now that it's getting colder I've brought our firepot in off the balcony and it's just as lovely inside on a chilly evening as it was outside. I'd been working on my novel and decided to take a photo of my workspace. I can't decide which workplace is nicer... the camping site we had this summer or our table with the candles and firepot lit. The table will get a lot more use though.

And, for my last thought, I'm sharing a picture from Facebook:

It was found on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment