Saturday 13 August 2011

Taking a break from writing

I'm writing away and writing away and getting more and more irritated by my characters. Then I looked at the clock and realized it was after 2pm and I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Whoops LOL. So I've stopped for a bit of a break. For lunch I mashed up chickpeas with a lime (juice and zest), dill, garlic, red pepper flakes, and McCormick's salt free table seasonings. Then I made a wrap with the chickpeas and light cream cheese. I'm also having a salad of mixed greens and blueberries and a handful of cashews.

I hate writing conversations by the way. In real life people just talk. In real life we already know who's smiling and who walked over and sat down. It's frustrating to try and get a conversation flowing while adding "she said" and "he replied" and "so-and-so fidgeted" and "whats-his-face stretched". I'm not a great conversationalist at the best of times. Maybe next time I'll write a novel about mimes LOL.

I've got the apartment totally to myself this weekend and it's quiet, really quiet. It feels weird to be blogging right now because I've got no idea what I'm doing this afternoon other than writing. Maybe I'll go for a walk if it's not raining... and if I don't suddenly look up from writing to realize it's dinner LOL.

And I'm back to hammering out other people's conversations...

No comments:

Post a Comment