Wednesday 10 August 2011

A fresh start

That's one of the nice things about life; every day is an opportunity for a fresh start.

We had a huge heatwave and exercise just fell by the wayside. Or more accurately, it melted into a puddle on the floor. Then we went camping, which was great but we brought my son's friend along with us and I went out of my way to pack food I thought the kid would eat (seeing as he was literally panicking about eating "weird vegetarian food"). So away we went with zoodles, potato chips, macaroni and cheese etc.

But today's a fresh start. I picked up a bunch of healthy and natural foods. I've got quinoa simmering on the stove for a chickpea and quinoa salad and I'm currently noshing on a bowl of fresh blueberries. And tonight I'm back to the Y for a half-hour on the elliptical. I'm still a bit stiff from Monday, I went to the Y for two hours and attended an hour long Bars and Plates class and an hour long Yoga class.

I picked up a bar of dark chocolate with 90% cocoa and think that's about 10% too much cocoa for me. I think I'll break it into bits and add it to my banana muffins next time I make them. Then go back to 80% cocoa.

And last week I picked up a bottle of hemp oil and a container of Vitamin D tablets. Someone on a forum I frequent commented that a lack of Vitamin D is linked to weight gain and difficulty losing weight and I found several articles that back this up: Link Between Successful Weight Loss And Vitamin D Levels. So I'm adding a tablespoon of hemp oil a day to salad dressing (for essential fatty acids) and taking a Vitamin D tablet in the morning with breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment