Friday 8 July 2011

Sunshine Days

On the mornings I'm off to work I invariably get there and think "it would be so nice to go for a walk right now". Everything looks so fresh and clean in the morning sunshine. This morning I woke up at 7am on the dot and decided today was the day I'd go for my walk. I got ready quickly, worked out with the Wii and ran out to catch the 8am bus. It was a lovely walk. I saw several bunnies and this industrious muskrat... swimming against the current with a bouquet of grass. I'm not sure if he or she was decorating a den with it or looking for a quiet place to enjoy breakfast.

After my walk we met up with my Mom and went berry picking for raspberries and strawberries. The raspberries were definitely the easiest of the two for picking... it's a toss up which were the tastiest. I'm currently looking for a strawberry gelato/sorbet recipe. One of the members of our church has a yummy one but when I googled for something similar, everything showed up with a cup of cream or 6 egg yolks. Searching for vegan strawberry gelato just turned the cream into soymilk. Healthier but not what I was looking for. I did find this recipe Strawberry Sorbet by Sunny Vegan and it looks good. I just need to sort out exactly how many berries are in two pounds. My scale is not that sensitive.

I found a really yummy salad dressing at Wal-Mart this week. It's 25 calories per serving (1tbsp) and is creamy with a slightly sweet taste and little mustard seeds. I've been topping my salads with a sprinkle of dill too. Note, when you look at the link, the nutritional facts are for 2tbsp of dressing instead of one. I spent ages looking around for the "right" dressing before noticing that LOL: Bolthouse Farms Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing.

And, this evening, we went back to the Y. I worked on the elliptical for 20 minutes while my son roamed around trying various pieces of equipment. His favourite is one he calls "the elevator". He kneels on it then pushes himself up and down against a stack of weights. Kid only weighs 130lbs and he's pushing against 110lbs and calling it fun! We swam afterward too, diving for pool rings and tossing a ball back and forth.

Tomorrow we're off to a friend's house for a barbecue and party. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment