Sunday 3 July 2011

Bouncing between 173 and 176 pounds

I have been on the same plateau for about a year now. I bounced down to 170lbs last August for a few days and was really excited... then dipped down to 169lbs about a month or so ago and was thrilled. Of course that dip followed a nasty chest cold where I hadn't been exercising and had barely been eating for a week. I'd bounced back into the 170's by the next day.

This summer I am DETERMINED to break past this plateau and get into the 160's and below. There are so many yummy and nutritious foods at this time of year and plenty of opportunity for exercise.

Today we're going for an hour long hike along the Oshawa Creek Trail to Lakeview Park and having a late lunch picnic there. I'm packing a thermos of soup and a salad for me and a container of sliced fresh strawberries. It's a gorgeous walk and a lovely park.

My son's wanting to go to Dairy Queen on the way home and I'm leafing through the nutritional calculator and having a "holy crap" moment. My favourite dessert, the peanut buster parfait, has 710 calories and 31 grams of fat o.O and the dessert I picked as being more diet friendly, a small hot fudge sundae, has 300 calories and 10 grams of fat. Better than the peanut buster parfait for sure but not exactly diet friendly. I put back *treats* like that at NoFrills.

So far the best treat I've found there is a vanilla orange bar at 60 calories and 0.2 grams of fat. And if they don't have that treat then I'll get a vanilla child's cone at 170 calories and 4.5 grams of fat.


-------------> me heading off to enjoy summer :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment