Thursday 14 April 2011

Breakfast Prep

I was thinking yesterday morning about how nice it would be to have a scrambled egg for breakfast, all mixed with yummy veggies. Which works well on the weekend if I have a day off but not so well on school days or days I work.

I thought about it a bit more and decided to precook veggies and add a 1/4 cup egg whites and a 1/4 cup veggies to small storage containers and freeze them. Then I can thaw them overnight and scramble them up in the morning.

I picked up a bunch of fresh veggies this morning and got all my containers prepped.


I haven't tried a frozen one yet but I whipped up a wrap with the same scrambled egg mixture today and it worked out really well.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really great idea. Let us know how it works after it's been frozen!

    ReplyDelete